The Community Development Division joins local partners with resources to increase access to housing, support capacity-building for local non-profit organizations, to create a sustainable community, and to promote neighborhood revitalization.The Division is primarily responsible for managing federal grant programs, including:
- Community Development Block Grant
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program
- AmeriCorps Volunteers in Service to America
Guidelines for organizations to participate in the VISTA program are available through a Host Site proposal process held throughout the year.
The Division specializes in several best practice initiatives to support federal grant programs, including:
- City's ten-year plan to impact homelessness The
- anti-poverty strategy The City's
- fair housing education / outreach program A
Food Security Survey
This survey is part of a Community Needs Assessment, focused on increasing access to fresh, affordable foods to everyone in the Billings community. Your responses will shed light on the issues that are most important and will influence recommendations for future food security actions.